copyscape

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Scammed



One bright Wednesday, in early Spring, I was at the bus stop waiting for my bus. There I was minding my own business, when two men stepped out of a car. One was well dressed and the other was in ordinary clothes. The one in the ordinary clothes approached me and ask me if I knew where he could fax a letter to Africa. Since, I was a few blocks away from the College, I suggested that he should try there; maybe some one would assist him. He said he did not want too many people in his business. He showed me a letter that looked ligit. From the time he proceeded to tell me about inheritance money; he had received and was willing to share it with me - a total stranger; smoke screens went up and I said thanks but no thanks I cannot help. He left me and he and his well dressed friend got in the car and drove off. Things do happpen for a reason. True, I was scammed the first time and I did learn something because now I know what to look for. Anytime a perfect stranger or someone not so perfect offers me money; well, I have to analyze and scrutinize the situation. Anytime someone yo9u do not know from Adam offers to share huge sums of money, or ask how you doing financial wise; Run! This is a clue of a scam to follow. It's better to be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

Nabeel said...

oh my god this really happened to ya? wowww .. i thought these scams (the money transfer scam one of the most popular) was limited to emails only. Dannggggg .. did he say Nigeria to be specific? Africa is a continent.

Cash 4 U Each Time U Shop Online Click Image

cash back #ebatescashback

Build YOur List 4 Free Click Image

build list #leadgenerator