copyscape

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Monday, April 7, 2008

Child Discipline

Children can be easily embarrassed in public especially if they are disciplined when their friends are present. I am guilty and have discipline my child in public. I just lost it.
What I learn though is that when a child behaves badly in public, disciplining him or her in public may make the situation worse. As a parent, I have learned the errors of my ways. Effective discipline works and learning to handle bad behavior properly has helped my child to create proper respect for me.

Yelling may bring unwanted attention to a child. This unwanted attention can lead a child to believe that you don’t care about him or her because you embarrass your child. Or your child can continue to perform the unwanted action to gain the attention. Very often, I see parents embarassing themselves as they embarass their children. When I take my child out. Even before we leave the house I explain the kind of behavior I expect and what will ensue should my words fall on deaf ears.

Creating a way to let a child know that the behavior is unacceptable quietly can get the attention of your child quicker. A facial look or a hand signal can offer the warning signal that your child may need to remind him or her to behave. The behavior can then be discussed in private and appropriate actions can be taken.

Children may also draw attention to themselves in public by throwing a temper tantrum, because they are not getting their way. Many people do not appreciate a screaming child, but as a parent, not giving in to the demands of your child will minimize public outbursts in the future. Taking your child directly to the car to remove him or her from the public place will allow your child to settle down and the appropriate discussions to take place before re-entering the public place.

Recognizing that a child is an individual who will do things wrong is important. However, it is also important to teach that child that he or she is respected and will not be embarassed in public. Or, that you expect respect by not being embarrassed in public by misbehaving.

No comments:

Cash 4 U Each Time U Shop Online Click Image

cash back #ebatescashback

Build YOur List 4 Free Click Image

build list #leadgenerator